Self delusion is my optimism

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Went to the temple today,to visit my grandma and uncle,aunty and my two cousins.(don't know what word to use so i shall use visiting) I never really thought much of it,these visits,but today i kinda realised that it serves another purpose other than remembering our lost loved ones.
We'd all sit around together catching up,talking,laughing and all as a whole.And this acts as a bridge to all of us,sort of like a family gathering,putting all of us together despite everybody's ever filled schedules.

Walked into the columbarium with my mom and little brother,and i dreaded that.I kinda didn't wanna look at my grandma and sister's pictures,a grim reminder of loss envelops,prompting you to reminisce.My mom held my little brother,as he excitedly skips towards the place,and i just followed silently behind.

Upon reaching,my mom points proudly to my brother and said,"See,that's your grandma.Pretty isn't she?" I raised my head and looked,i'd nearly forgotten how she looked,the image of her face in my mind was blurred,just the silhouette of her figure left.That picture brought back everything,and my mom was right,she is pretty.At that moment i felt my throat tighten,and saliva felt hard to swallow,this tinge of sadness just ran through me.

What came next felt like something prodding at my heart,pulling my heart strings.
"This is your sister,(Smiling at my brother) she died before she reached 1."
I walked off at that point,and as i walked i pondered on how my mom was so strong,on how she didn't feel sad at all.Maybe like me,she just hides her feelings.

But then i realised finally,that the reason why,was probably evident all this while.She's proud of us,my brothers and i.I finally recall the times when people talked to her about us,she'd swell with pride and smile.This is why all mothers are great,maybe not all but most.My brothers and i,we may not be the smartest,nor the most fillial.But that doesn't quite matter,we're all her sons,and she loves us.=)

Today i found out how hard it is,to hide behind a smile,or fake one.
It's hard,really.


This short story,some of you might have read,

A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

"Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

"Who will protect me?"

God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it's life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."

"You will simply call her, 'Mom.'"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home